all posts post new thread

Old Forum Bent Variety

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jhpowers

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi all,

I'm currently working my way through the ROP.  I've gotten through my ladders of 5 with the 20kg and am working on the 24kg.  I'm currently doing ladders of 4,3,3,3,3 on my heavy day.  I'm swinging the 24 kg and snatching the 16 kg. I currently warm up with the Bretzel, Arm Bar and Goblet squat.

My question is this.  I've never done much during the variety days.  I'm 46 and figured that I'd be better off just taking the time for optimal recovery.  I've recently gotten Dave's bent press book and video, however, and am really excited about this lift.  I know that the TGU is often recommended on variety days.  What do people think about "practicing" the bent press with light weights on my variety days?  I've had shoulder issues in the past (but currently am solid with no issues).  Does this seem like it would be over taxing on the shoulder stabilizers and risky?

Thanks for any input.

The variety days are there in-part for you to address any other pet lifts you wish so you can get a little of what you want mixed with what you need.  Therefore, using the variety day to practice the bent press or bent press progressions is perfectly acceptable.

I often bent press on my variety days. I've seen much success with the carryover of the bent press in other skills. I feel better thoraciclay when I bent press.

.....you should bent press....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom