all posts post new thread

Old Forum better to start S'S with a heavier bell and 2 hand swing or a lighter bell and 1

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tony1214

Level 1 Valued Member
I am starting S'S I can do the 1 hand swings with a 24kg and good form takes about 9 Mins to get my 100. I have a 32kg that form falls apart with I was a mma/kickboxer for over 13 years so Tspine extension always gives before anything. I end up looking like a turtle. In the book the break in period is done with 2 hand swings witch I can do with very good form and the 32 kg. Witch is a better starting place the 1HS with 24 or 2HS with 32?

If it were me, I would start with the lightest bell in which I cannot hit the swing standard.  So if I could not do 100 one handed swings in 5 minutes, that is the bell I would use for my swings.

I might choose to occasionally mix in some two handed swings with a heavier bell just for the sake of practice and working on hip snap.  But I would spend at least 90 percent (or more) of my time on the bell that I'm working towards the 5 minute goal on.

I opted to start with a lighter bell, and work the one-arm swings. You learn the groove quickly and can start sprinkling in heavier one-arm swings.

I didn't do a lot of one-arm swings before S+S, but they are awesome. You have to start with a lighter weight than you feel like you should use, but once you work that weight up you will see fantastic results.

When in doubt go heavier imo. But that's just me.

I prefer sets of 10 two handed swings with the beast and maximal power to one arm swings.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom