all posts post new thread

Old Forum Body weight squat test

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CMBMedic2014

Level 1 Valued Member
http://breakingmuscle.com/video/friday-flicks-squat-contest-powerlifter-weightlifter-strongman-and-bodybuilder

Very interesting test. 4 lifters; a Powerlifter, a Strongman, a Bodybuilder, and a Weightlifter compete in a 5 minute max bodyweight squat test. The results will surprise you.

Why is max reps with a bodyweight-loaded barbell squat an interesting test? Seems like a great example of pursuing quantity, not quality, especially from what I saw glancing at the form in the video (no way am I watching 10 minutes straight of that).

OP - that was not bodyweight squatting, it was bodyweight on a barbell back squatting. Bit of a difference, and one that would've helped me decide if it was worth even watching. As it turns out it wasnt, next time just post results and a link.

For those not interested in video or lacking bandwidth (ahem):
weightlifter+powerlifter tied
then strong man
bber last

Well darn, I was really hoping to see how well the marathon runner or tri-athlete would do.  They are the ones that get named fittest man alive all the time.  Surely their incredible lungs and Vo2 numbers would carry them through a few back squats.

Lol.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom