all posts post new thread

Old Forum Bodyweight and Reps

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

IvanK

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi again

I'm not expert in reps theory (except for what pavel write and not much more) and I'm wondering what's better for an exercise one does every two days (bodyweight) between for example a 7 - 7 - 7 and something like 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 (with a 10RP). Is there any big difference or it's simple related to how your body works better?

There is no better to be had here.  Either is fine. Maybe do one until it stops working then switch to the other.

But we must always ask, "What is your goal?"  If it's not high reps, then I prefer you keep the reps to 5 and under and achieve your specific goals by managing the rest periods, i.e.,  short rests for hypertrophy.

-S-

I'm doing bench dips one day and military presses the other day with swings and chin ups. I don't do complete and weighted get ups yet because of weak abs (I'm getting better anyway). Then I'll stay with S&S and Chin/Pull ups I think.
The goal is general strenght with a little hypertrophy, the RM are 10 so I stay between 5 and 10, that's good for either strenght and mass I guess. Rest periods are between 1 and 5 minutes, it's just depends on how I feel.

Bench dips? If it is the exercise I am thinking of I have always stayed away from those. Even when I was a teenager doing too many would leave my rotator cuffs in pain.

This one
http://images.myfit.ca/cache/images/benchdips_002.gif

Oh well I can't do too many of it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom