all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong BuiltStrong - Delta 20 Principle and Overall Volume

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ChrisD

Level 4 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
Hello there strong fellows!

A question regarding BuiltStrong volume and the Delta 20 Principle.

When increasing/decreasing the volume between mesocycles, are we applying the D-20 principle to each individual lift? Or across all lifts on the program.

Example: A BTS3 program, where each lift has 300 lifts. So 900 lifts total for the mesocycle.
When planning the next mesocycle are we increasing/decreasing by 20% (minimum) across the whole program? So we increase squat by 10%, UBPull by 5% & UBPress by 5% to equal a 20% volume increase?

Or are we increasing/decreasing by a minimum of 20% per lift? So Squat increase by 20%, UBPull by 20% & UBPress by 20%. Some clarification on this would be great, as there is a distinct difference in the volume increase/decrease depending on how it should be applied.

Many thanks!

I do not have built strong. But I do have Plan strong and there you use the delta 20 principle for the volume of each lift. As some lifts might go up and others down. I think Built strong was built around Plan strong principles so it should be the same

Thanks Daniel. In PlanStrong lifts are programmed separately and generally by rule there is to be no consideration of volume between the two different lifts. That is my understanding without referring to the PS manual. BuiltStrong lifts are calculated separately but are combined to complete a full BuiltStrong cycle. An adjustment of a minimum of 20% across up to 6 different movement patterns compared to a total accumulated 20% of volume across the lifts is quite different, when looking at the different increases/decreases in volume.

Thanks Daniel. In PlanStrong lifts are programmed separately and generally by rule there is to be no consideration of volume between the two different lifts. That is my understanding without referring to the PS manual. BuiltStrong lifts are calculated separately but are combined to complete a full BuiltStrong cycle. An adjustment of a minimum of 20% across up to 6 different movement patterns compared to a total accumulated 20% of volume across the lifts is quite different, when looking at the different increases/decreases in volume.
I see. Good to know. Better wait for someone who has more built strong knowledge. Sorry I couldn't help

Hello there strong fellows!

A question regarding BuiltStrong volume and the Delta 20 Principle.

When increasing/decreasing the volume between mesocycles, are we applying the D-20 principle to each individual lift? Or across all lifts on the program.

Example: A BTS3 program, where each lift has 300 lifts. So 900 lifts total for the mesocycle.
When planning the next mesocycle are we increasing/decreasing by 20% (minimum) across the whole program? So we increase squat by 10%, UBPull by 5% & UBPress by 5% to equal a 20% volume increase?

Or are we increasing/decreasing by a minimum of 20% per lift? So Squat increase by 20%, UBPull by 20% & UBPress by 20%. Some clarification on this would be great, as there is a distinct difference in the volume increase/decrease depending on how it should be applied.

Many thanks!
Hello!

Use the Delta 20 for each lift- (i.e. adjust the Squat from the squat NL, the UB Pull from the Pull NL and the UB push from the Push NL) some may go down and others may go up depending on each lift.....

Hope that helps!

:)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom