all posts post new thread

Can we have an off topic sub forum?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
In defense of the new forum I remember the wild, wild west days of the original DD forum and the incredible number of "Matt Furey is a fraud" threads that seemed to spiral around for what seemed like months if not years. I think the community has matured and brought on members who are a lot more focused on their concerns.

In many ways, the repetition is a good sign - it kind of reminds me of why there seem to be so many repetitive questions on Dan John's podcasts (being a teacher, he realizes the value of repetition, new angles of presentation and that at some point everyone was a newbie).

I would have thought someone would have followed how the format change affected the number of posts and participants. Especially in an organisation like SF where everything seems to be analysed thoroughly.
Our business is strength and conditioning, not forum statistics. :) The change was made based on our philosophy of making things as simple as possible, and in the hopes that more cross-pollination between disciplines and modalities would occur. At StrongFirst, the bottom line, while a consideration for sure, just as surely isn't the only consideration.

I will be looking back and collecting some statistics on all this, though, as it would indeed be useful information.

-S-

I suppose I am in the minority when I say I like the new forum. I really like to read all kinds of things regardiess of training modality, and this makes keeping up easier. So many things in the SF world also seem to intertwine anyway. Besides, there are filters available to see only topics of particular tag.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom