all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Can you GTG w/ Q&D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sage1

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi,
On another post, a poster mentioned doing 1 series multiple times throughout the day. I would like to know what some of the coaches on here I would have to say about that.

My assumption, based upon reading of book, is that you would still reap the benefits in speed and strength, but perhaps lose some of the endurance benefits.

Also, would it be effective to do this type of programming more than 3 or 4 days a week if you kept the number of series low.

This is mostly intellectual curiosity, I have no NEED to use the program this way but it would be somewhat more convenient.

@Sage1
I don't know if I'm the poster you referred to, but I do a lot of my training like this during the week in my office. I'll get up and do one or a few series at a time and spread out the total volume over the work day. I keep each minisession short enough so I don't break a sweat, but I often end up doing more than 5 total series on a given day, and I often end up doing more than 3 days per week.

This is always using 044 timing and the 10/2 rep scheme with snatches, double cleans, or swings. With the double cleans, I sometimes use heavier bells and do 5/2 (not in the book) as my rep scheme instead of 10/2. I don't do 033 with swings and pushups when I train this way.

I have no way of evaluating the physiological effects of doing it this way (or of doing it by the book for that matter). I do it mainly for convenience and how it fits into my schedule.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom