all posts post new thread

Getting Artificially Strong (and complaining about Cardio)

Dry Fighting Squats W12D1 330#
7 Ladders

Got my squat handles in, they are a worlds difference better than the plate horns I’ve been using. One of those weird things I didn’t think would be that big of a deal and was.

Still pacing into this, going to stick in the 40s for total daily volume this week. Intraworkout it doesn’t feel that bad, but I do feel fatigued outside the workout so want to ease into it for maybe the entire four weeks. I do plan on running Giant with 330# on the restart.

Giant 1.2 W2D2 30kg
6 Rounds

Tied the first week, but at a higher RPE. No AC was most likely the largest contributor, the heat felt brutal to catch my breath in.

Dry Fighting Squats W2D2 330#
30 Rounds

Man, f*** these singles. Beyond that they’re so tedious I hate them, I also feel like they’re set up for an issue with that much racking and reracking.

Giant 1.2 W2D3 30kgs
7 rounds

Lost a round, I think the heat is starting to get to me. The house has been holding around 95 and it’s starting to make me feel loopy lol. Luckily the hurricane is radically dropping the temp this weekend and hopefully the new AC blower will be in next week.

Dry Fighting Squats W2D3 330#
10 Rounds

Remember at the start of the week when I thought hitting 40s would be holding back lol. This 30 was rough. My legs basically exist in a constant state of DOMS/fatigue. I’m hoping acclimation is around the corner because man do all the warm up squats suck.

Giant 1.2 W3D1 30kg
9 Rounds

Man, I can’t believe I got 10 rounds 7 weeks ago at this point. That Covid really knocked me off when I was flying high, makes me wonder what would have been had I not gotten sick. But also the beauty of Giant is that even though I’m not at that level still I’m still progressing.

Today the dream of my Dry Fighting Squats died. My legs are still crazy sore and on my second rung of the first ladder I tapped out. Maybe it would have gotten better with more reps but I didn’t see this session going well. Unsure what I’ll do moving forward.

Giant 1.2 W3D2 30kg
6 Rounds

Man, this round isn’t getting any easier. Really hoping to hit 7 rounds next week, hopefully I get AC soon and helps me break my no PR rut.

Giant 1.2 W3D3 30kg
8 rounds

Yet another tie. However, I have AC again so the tie was far less of a sufferfest. Sanded the handles of my 32s in preparation for two weeks out!

Super excited, 32s have been a big benchmark in my mind going all the way back to when I first did GS 15 years ago. When I started giant with the 24s, I could only clean a single 32 with my dominant hand and pressing was out of the question. It’s going to be so crazy to be repping it! This 30s run is when people have really started commenting on my build, so I’m sure it’s about to rocket with the 32s.

Giant 1.2 W4D1 30kg
10 rounds

I finally tied my PR!! It only took six weeks lol. Felt really good, maybe had 11 but I wanted to make sure I hit 10 lol.

Giant 1.2 W4D2 30kg 6 rounds

Damn. I never beat my opening round on this one. First time on Giant. I hit 5 rounds with 10 minutes left and just blew up. By the time the pump went down enough to hit another set there wasn’t enough time for the 7.

Oh well, that’s part of how auto reg shakes down. I’ll just have to hit 7 rounds with the 32s.

Giant 1.2 W4D3 30kgs
8 Rounds

Hatfield Squat
370#x1

Another tie, only one PR occurred in the entire 1.2. Worked up to the 370# to see if it was feasible for some 5/3/1 and it is. This is the most I’ve ever squatted and the RPE was maybe 7. That had me feeling good.

My semi-annual body comp comparison photo, 230-240 pre Giant and 245 currently.

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 10
Giant 3.0 W1D1 32kg
31 rounds

That was rough lol. I was feeling myself before and thought I could open with 40 for a pretty rude dose of reality. These things feel heavy, hoping for some quick acclimation.

Goal of 36 rounds, stretch goal of 40 rounds.

Giant 3.0 W1D2 32kg
21 rounds

This wasn’t too bad, I probably should have pushed the pace a bit more at the start. I’m hopeful I can tie my 30s with 30 rounds so I’m setting that as a goal and stretch goal.

Leviathan Widowmaker W1
Hatfield Squats
*270x3
*295x3
*335x3
*370x1
*260x15

Hip Glides
*2x8

Hip Thrusts
*135 2x20

Messed up my math on the first set, but otherwise good. I told myself to only hit 15 on the Widowmaker to hopefully not die of DOMS. With how much the glides and thrusts burned, I may still be in trouble lol.

Giant 3.0 W1D3 32kg 52 Rounds

This wasn’t too bad, the first third was worse than the last 2/3 after my bicep got warmed up. Goal of 72 rounds, stretch goal of 75 rounds.

Last edited:
Hatfield Squat 260#x10 30 Minute AMRAP
4 rounds

I’m bound and determined to make some form of density training work for squats. The idea here is I took my FSL weights from Leviathan and running a BBB inspired density day. I took it easy to try and adjust to the volume but bar speed felt really good. No clue where my goals should be, setting a goal of 7 rounds stretch goal of 10 rounds.

Giant 3.0 W2D1 32kg 36 rounds

Five round PR, but man was my elbow throbbing towards the end. Hopefully nothing serious because I was feeling pretty good. Hit my goal super fast, so gunning for 40 and 45 now!

Last edited:
Ugh, my golfer elbow issue is definitely worse. I tried to lift today but the cleans were a bit too painful. Think I’m going to force myself to take a week off C&P and work on wrist pronation/supination as that seems to be a trigger. Probably all stuff I should have been doing all along lol.

Deadblow Hammer Supination/Pronation 4# 5x20
Red Band Pullaparts
5x20
Tyler Twists Pulses
5x10
Concentration Curls 10#
3x20

Last edited:
Buffalo Bar Bench
165# x 3
205# x Fail
135# x 12, 5x5

Probably should have done a smaller jump to my single, but 205# was my old PR with a straight bar lol. I think my OHP might be stronger than my bench nowadays.

Starting plan was to find my overhead press but my bicep couldn’t handle the starting position. This has been pretty rough to work around, I think I’m going to be taking a break from Giant.

Back
Top Bottom