all posts post new thread

Getting Artificially Strong (and complaining about Cardio)

4/1
BikeErg- 19593m

4/2
Blitz - 215 cals

Today
Giant 1.0 W4D2 30kg
11 Rounds

Tied my PR, took a decent amount of work to tie. The more I run Giant the more I notice this phenomena where my high rep set is super hard to improve, until I add a higher rep set and then it explodes. Willing to bet I go crazy with the 6s once I get to 1.05.

One more lifting day and then a tropical deload!!! ️

4/6
Blitz - 204 cals

Today
Giant 1.0 W4D3 30kgs
23 rounds

A three round PR! Shattered my stretch goal of 22, but more importantly tied my PR with the 60s!!! I would have never guessed that possible, gives me hope that I might actually beat some of my 60s PRs. Gotta raise the bar on my goals!

I’m going on vacation next week, so a bit of a life scheduled deload. I might workout, might not depending upon the hangovers.

Deload vacation week is going well. Planned it out so I could hit a birthday challenge, which was fun but sketchy and hot. I’m way too fat and rum soaked, but I survived and finished in 1:20.

If anyone goes to Costa Rica, the Arenal CrossFit Challenge was a great time but they definitely have some fail and die setups lol.

Attachments

• 1FB26628-AC64-4246-BFD3-5ACA513B4F0E.jpeg
    1FB26628-AC64-4246-BFD3-5ACA513B4F0E.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 7
Giant 2.0 W1D1 30kg
5 ladders

Caught Covid last week, so took an easier approach to my return. Got a bit of a headache towards the end but otherwise felt decent. I think once I shake the remainder of it, I’ve got a lot of space for some big gains. Goal of 6+2, stretch of 7+2.

Giant 2.0 W1D2 30kg
4 ladders

Suffering from some massive DOMS in my repaired bicep from the layoff. Man, can’t tie a tie right now lol. Pressing felt strong, lungs still feel weak and the bicep made the cleans less automatic than usual.

Goal of 5 ladders, stretch goals of 5+2

Falling behind here!

4/25
Giant 2.0 W1D3 30kgs
3+1 Ladders

The 8s sucked, goal of 4 ladders, stretch goal of 4+2.

4/26
BikeErg - 20037

4/27
Giant 2.0 W2D1 30kgs
6 ladders

4/28
Blitz - 284 Cals

Today
Giant 2.0 W2D2 30kgs
5 ladders

Blitz - 109 cals

Hit my goal for this day, I think my stretch goal is possible. Felt pretty good, first set of 7 was tough but then my body remembered I could lift it.

This was a retest of a ten minute time trial, went from 79 cals to 109 cals. Pretty happy with the improvement. One more week of the cardio program.

Giant W2D3 30kg

3+2 Ladders

Row 125#
3x14

One round PR on this, one more set of 8 is feeling like it’s gonna be damn near impossible. Hoping for some giant magic to get me there. It’s been a solid month since I’ve done my rows, they’re definitely feeling heavy.

5/2
BikeErg 20 Min TT
8627 >> 9212

First score is original, second is from the test. Pretty happy with the improvement!

Today
Giant 2.0 W3D1 30kgs
6+2 Ladders

Row 125#
2x8, 1x20

Hit my goal and it was pretty close. Redlined a bit, that stretch goal of a full extra ladder is not looking feasible lol.

5/4
BikeErg TT - 14713m

Today
Giant 2.0 W3D2 30kg
5 Ladders

A tie but a tough fight to tie.

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a couple weeks ago and started my CPAP two days ago. It’s been super tough sleeping with the mask on, but even with tossing and turning sleep holy s*** my afternoons have been transformed. I think once I learn how to sleep in the mask, this is gonna be a game changer for my energy levels.

I’ve also discovered I am gluten intolerant and changed my diet to great success. Constant nausea is a thing of the past but this one is a bit sad because my diet was so high in gluten. Bagel in the morning, sandwich for lunch and pasta for dinner has been my diet for the last five years or so. But man, I just can’t go back with how I feel off of it.

5/7
Giant 2.0 W3D3 30kg
3+2 Ladders

Today
BTB 2.1 SSB 150#
5 Ladders

So I took last week off a bit unintentionally, I cut my hand cutting limes and had to wait for it to heal to lift again lol. In the meantime my FOMO on squatting came back and I bought a SSB. I decided to run another Geoff program with Giant and see if I can handle the volume. Holy cow is it hard to be squatting again, first attempt I did:

60#x5, 80x5

And cramped so hard I had to stop in both legs! I couldn’t believe that I had lost that much off my squatting so I waited a couple days and was able to work up to a shaky 170# 5RM. Still a far cry off my lifetime PR of 345# back squat.

I have a feeling from this session being relatively easy to blast 75 reps that I am going to get my squat legs back relatively quickly so I think I should have some big gains. Setting a goal of 8 ladders, stretch goal of 9 ladders.

Giant 2.0 W4D1 30kgs
5+2 Ladders

Row
125#
2x15, 1x18

Four reps off my PR, but I ended up deciding to take it easy. Have some quad DOMs but not too bad, just felt like it was a good day to ease back. Row is feeling good, might add bands still deciding.

Giant 2.0 W4D2 30kg
5 Ladders

BTB 2.2
150#
x11, x15

One round off my PR, but I’m happy. I’ll push for a PR on the last day but I’m feeling more than ready for 1.05.

I accidentally said I was doing BTB 2.1, I meant 2.2. Today was the max rep day, definitely learning to squat again lol. This was supposed to be a 8RM and obviously it’s nowhere near. I’m gonna stick with it for the four weeks, then increase my weight. I guess a goal of avg 20, stretch goal of avg 24.

Giant 2.0 W4D3 30 kgs
3+2 Ladders

Row
130#
2x8, 1x11

Tied my PR, was pacing for 12 but nearly failed my final round of 6 and decided to call it. Probably the most time I’ve ever left on the timer at 4 minutes but it’s self inflicted as I’m fairly hungover today. Excited to start 1.05 and not see the 8s for four glorious weeks.

BTB 2.2 W2D1 150# Hatfield Squats
7+1 Ladders

106 total reps, oh my. My legs felt surprisingly fine, but a bit of a mid back pump from the workout. Let’s see how the DOMs are, but I think I’m out of the woods on them.

Giant 1.05 W1D1 30kg
11 Rounds

Row 130#
2x9, 1x12

I was pacing for 12, but it got rough towards the end. Pretty high RPE on this despite it tying my PR from 1.0. Going to set a pretty lofty goal of 14 and stretch of 15 by the end of 1.1

Giant 1.05 W1D2 30kgs
8 Rounds

Opening round, 7s do indeed suck lol. Of all thing I got a side stitch during this, probably my body begging me to bring cardio back because I’ve been off a couple weeks. Crushed my week 1 of 1.05 with the 60s, only hit 7 back then!! Goal of 11 rounds, stretch goal of 12 rounds.

Giant 1.05 W1D3 30kg
17 Rounds

BTB 2.2 W2D2 150# Hatfield Squats
x16, x20

One round PR over 1.0! This was a day that I almost pushed off because I felt so blah, but in the workout I found a zone and it went great. I feel like 18 is a lock, I’m going to set a goal of 20 rounds. 100 reps with the 30s would be absolutely bananas, hoping to make it happen.

Squats coming along, really getting into some high reps lol. I was planning on running for four weeks but I don’t know how I feel about my current rep totals.

Giant 1.05 W2D1 30kg
12 Rounds

Row
Purple Band
2x8, 1x15

A one round PR, fairly low on the RPE which was a pleasant surprise. 13 might have been in the cards today if I had paced a bit faster at the start.

Switching to the bands on the rower greatly changed this movement. Lighting up my rear delts whereas before it felt more like a biceps exercise, wish I would have tried this earlier.

Hatfield Squat
200#
2x5, 1x10

Blitz Bike
10//1:00/1:00
140 Cals

Decided to run Greyskull LP on my squats till I finish out this run of Giant and redecide. I’m going to be running 20-30 min of cardio alongside, alternating between my two bikes and running. Felt pretty good on these squats, gotta get used to how the SSB sits because it’s a little strange but Hatfield squats are letting me go ATG which is a fun experience.

Giant 1.05 W2D2 30kg
9 Rounds

Row - Purple Band
2x10, 1x16

One round PR! I was set on 10 and pacing for 10, but I blew the f*** up at 7. I was questioning if 9 was still going to happen. That 8 was rough and then 9 was better.

Back
Top Bottom