all posts post new thread

Old Forum Combining Volume & Tension for Muscle Growth

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mrdave100

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi Pavel, I came across this statement you made in an interview once and I was wondering how frequent you would recommend someone completing this workout?

I shall sum up the energetic theory of muscle hypertrophy without using any big words: If you get a pump with heavy weights you shall grow. You need the volume to really deplete the muscle, but you need the tension to increase the amino acid uptake. Now if you lift really heavy like a powerlifter and rest for five minutes in between sets, you have the tension but don?t have enough fatigue. If you start using the little color coded dumbbells and do a hundred reps, you have the fatigue and the pump, but not the tension. You may build some "virtual" muscles, but nothing else. But if you set it up like this, if you use a heavy weight and do reps of five (not taken to failure) with only one or two minutes of rest for up to twenty sets, you?re going to be able to use a heavy weight and get a great pump. Every bodybuilder who?s tried this approach has reported sensational gains.

See the Bear program in "Power To The People!"

See also just about any of the programs in Power To The People Professional.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom