all posts post new thread

Old Forum D Whitley "Deadlift Singles Success Story" Article Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BrianBinVA

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello -- I am planning to give the program outlined in David Whitley's article "Deadlift Singles Success Story" (here:  http://www.dragondoor.com/articles/deadlift-singles-success-story/) a try in a few weeks.

The DL portion is obviously straightforward.  My question concerns the pressing portion.  The article states that the author was looking to push double KB press weight, and on Pavel's advice pressed five days a week on a heavy-light-medium model, with rep ranges listed.

My question:  would this model work for the flat bench press as well, or is the volume too high?  If the 5 days would work well for bench, are there any guidelines (say, percentages) on the weights to use?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I would keep it lighter, not go above 75% or so. The DL took a lot out of me over th course of the week & I was pretty accustom to pressing. obviously bench weight will be heavier that Push press weight.

Play with it and report back....

Thank you for the response, David.  I will play with it a bit and report back.  Planning to start around the end of next month.

I have gone through this program before and got a 25lb gain out of it. After 2 years of messing around i still find my deadlift where I left it at 450lbs. I am in the 3rd week right now and I forgot how tough it is. I have been messing around with ladder 1/2/3 with my 5 rm on barbell overhead pressing and honestly i find it to be a little much on the 5th day 85% for 6 singles. Just going off intuition and how strong i feel, sometimes I just do the deadlifts if I do not feel strong that particular day. I will post my results at the end of my program.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom