all posts post new thread

Old Forum Daytime liquid nutrition

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

Has anyone experimented with liquid nutrition during the day while fasting? Some say bcaa, some say whey, and some say only mag 10 from biotest will work. I have attempted to try whey and bcaa but not long enough to really gauge results. Any opinion on which seems to work better is appreciated.

I have been on Geoff Neupert's KB Burn extreme for 3 weeks. He recommends Scivation Extend BCAA's. In conjunction with his diet "plan" I have broken the sugar habit,lost  40#, and my doctor on Friday reviewed my blood work and was estatic. I am no longer considered diabetic, bad cholesterol down 40pts-good up 30pts. I do an extended fast on Sundays  with only Extend and have no hunger. I have been doing Geoff's Diet regimen for 2 months-though not perfectly. Bottom line for me- the bcaa's have helped me stay on track & eased the process. I have a long way to go but I see the process working. I also use protein powder in order to get enough nutrition- I use Syntrax Matrix. hope this gives you some direction & info.

the best way to understand it is to contact Geoff Neupert- a brief synopsis is that he recommends

using"metabolic contrasts"- a combo of hi-carb/low-carb days; meal timing,intermittent fasting &

"cheat" days. if you contact him for KB Burn Extreme program info, he will send you a KBBX FAQ

info download. hope this helps-btw down 6lbs this week!

It's not fasting when you use whey protein. You could even argue BCAA is negating the fasting benefits (cell repair), though I use it myself during longer fasts as it does indeed seem to help, and is a useful strategy to create a big calorie deficit.

As a practical matter, it's just nice to have an empty stomach during the day.  That doesn't have to be a pure fast.  Whey or cottage cheese is fine.  Most days I don't precisely know what lifting or jogging I'm going to do, but pigging out early kills everything.  It's a great eating pattern to be in for sports -- I climb mountains in the Tetons on water, coffee, and a few gels, then eat on the way down.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom