all posts post new thread

Old Forum Deadlift Dynamite Programming questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dan Anderson

Level 3 Valued Member
I just finished a 9 week wave cycle and followed the advanced plan in DD.  I hit a 5 rep pr in my bp, dl, and a good set in my sqt.   My plan now is to do an 8 week  step cycle with the hope of adding 10lbs to my bp & dl 5 rep max & 5 pounds to my squat 5 rep max.  I am considering doing a step cycle just to make things different enough.      Here is the weekly schedule I been on and plan staying on.

Monday - Bench day- I take around 5 sets to build up to my best set of the day.

Bent over lateral raises  3-4sets of around 10.  I have been doing weighted dips on this day as well. Usually 5 sets of 8-10.

Wednesday - Squat & deadlift day. I do around five sets to build up to my  best set of the day.  Usually finish this day with some swings.  Sets of 10 with around 70% of body weight.

Thursday-Main assistance lift of the week.  Mainly consist of rows & military press.

Saturday - lighter front sqts and usually 10x10 swings.  Finish the day with some lower back extensions.

Some questions about monday & wednesday.  In the book back off sets are not discussed.  When would it be appopriate or advisable to add some backoff setsto bench, squats and deads.

Thanks ,

Dan

Dan, well done!

Go ahead and do back-off sets—maybe just 1 for now, since you are making good gains as is.

Andy usually does his swings, 10x10, on Saturdays.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom