all posts post new thread

Barbell Deadlift Form Check

Very nice. Form and leverages look effective. As you load more weight there might be more to see.

Hard to do in your small room, but generally recommended to look up, fix your gaze, then lift, keeping your gaze fixed on the target (for example at a distant horizon, or a point 12 feet in front of you, or whatever).

Also be careful to not yank the bar off the floor. You aren't, but hard to tell at that light weight. With a heavier weight think of building enough tension to hear the collars click, then squeezing it off the floor to start your lift.

Very nice. Form and leverages look effective. As you load more weight there might be more to see.

Hard to do in your small room, but generally recommended to look up, fix your gaze, then lift, keeping your gaze fixed on the target (for example at a distant horizon, or a point 12 feet in front of you, or whatever).

Also be careful to not yank the bar off the floor. You aren't, but hard to tell at that light weight. With a heavier weight think of building enough tension to hear the collars click, then squeezing it off the floor to start your lift.
Thank you for the thoughtful tips! I was actually wondering about head positioning so I’m glad you mentioned that. I’ll try my best with the space I have. I can share a clip of a heavier weight eventually as well.

Dear Anna;

You are one of the most important coaches/personas of this forum.

I was not seeing your answers for some time, maybe I wasn’t looking hard enough. But for whatever reason it is, it is great to see your answers again.

Best Regards;

Ege

Thank you for the kind words, @Ege. I sometimes find it hard to keep up daily these days, but I always catch up at least weekly!

Reactions: Ege
Thank you for the kind words, @Ege. I sometimes find it hard to keep up daily these days, but I always catch up at least weekly!
I have to agree with Ege. I’ve been a long time reader and just recently started posting. The fact that you and other coach’s are willing to come on here and take the time to help others speaks very highly of StrongFirst coaches. I’m very glad to have access to this community.

Technique looks great. I second @Anna C on several points. The weight is far below your your threshold so detecting any flaws is like checking an underwater pipe for leaks. Continue moving upward.

When you raise the hips then lowering down to create tension, the back goes from straight to round to straight. I love to see the back straight constantly.
Also, more tension when seting up. With that amount of weight, when you applying force to remove the slack out of your body, the bar could be lifted a bit.

When you raise the hips then lowering down to create tension, the back goes from straight to round to straight. I love to see the back straight constantly.
Also, more tension when seting up. With that amount of weight, when you applying force to remove the slack out of your body, the bar could be lifted a bit.
I assume you're referring to my little pre-setup hammy stretch? I don't know why I do that sometimes, tbh, so I can totally be more intentional at the setup! Thanks for sharing your tips!

Agree with what others have said, especially Anna with regard to discovering more when you move up in weight. High limit weight is the great compromiser of technique. I'd like to see another video when you start playing with 3-5 RM. Other than that, you appear to be off to a good start.

Back
Top Bottom