all posts post new thread

Old Forum demon bells??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

shmiggins

Level 5 Valued Member
Hey people, just wondering if anyione has used demon bells before and if they "feel" the same as normal bells. www.demonbells.com

And how exactly would they work properly in a clean and press, or a snatch? Nifty paper weight or decoration, but I fail to see the functionality.

exactly what i thought, but nevertheless, thought id ask. the website claims they have functional purposes

I've played with the 53 lb. The design is wrong as can be. Sad after all the lip service in their ad copy concerning ergonomics, testing and etc. If you hold this thing correctly in the rack or overhead the abrupt corner of the back of the "head" digs in to the back of your wrist and the long axis of the "head" sticks out  almost parallel to the ground instead of hanging down. I meant to take a pic of this last summer when I got a chance to handle one. People with larger or smaller hands than mine had the same problem. Too bad, so much work to put these things into production, but nobody bothered to find out how to lift kettlebells correctly. They do look super cool.

I couldn't see the pictures on the site for some reason.  I couldn't tell if both sides of the bells were shaped or if one side was rounded.

I have the set of primal bells from Onnit and love them.  I leave them out in my basement as "art" and train with them everyday.  They are 3-d balanced and molded so they are functional and balanced as a standard kb.

https://www.onnit.com/primal-bells/

The only thing I have to do it to make sure the face is the correct direction when doing cleans and snatches.  Other than that, they function just the same.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom