all posts post new thread

Old Forum Double Kettlebell Book (?)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

AdamFiddler

Level 1 Valued Member
Is there a definitive book on double kettlebell training similar to some of the DD stuff?

I found the following book from Scott Iardella (SFG II) but it looks more focused on programming than mechanics: http://www.amazon.com/The-Shock-And-Awe-Protocol-ebook/dp/B00FP1YFEQ

I also recommend Kettlebell Strong. Solid. The videos are gold,the guide is clear,and the programming does not lie if you follow it you will get STRONG!

KB Strong is great.  Other than one on one training with an SFG I cant think of a better guide than the KB Strong video.  If someone is ready I cant speak highly enough about RTK by Pavel.  I really enjoyed the block training and program design.

Mike,

Is the programming in KB Strong reliant on having several size kettlebells or can I get a lot out of the two 45 lb. bells that I have before I'll have to buy some new ones?

(They're about my 6RM on the double clean and press and 8-10 RM on the double swing with god-awful technique.)

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

Another vote for KB Strong.

You can easily start with your two bells.  Take your time to perfect your technique;  KB strong really gives you everything you need to do this. Watch the DVD, practice, and after that if you are unsure where to start, come back and ask.

Phil

First off I'd also like to recommend both Kettlebell Strong and Return of the Kettlebell. But since Dan Andersson allready did that I know that I am in excellent company. If you've seen his videos you know he walks the walk and should take his advice when it comes to double kettlebells quite serious.

Adam - S&A Protocol is brutal for the 4 weeks it lasts but it works. If you are looking for technique, you are right in that this is not your book.

Kettlebell Strong is my vote as it walks you through every double kettlebell lift you need. The programs in there are awesome too.

Adam,

The programming in Kettlebell Strong is very applicable to just one pair of bells. You could easily milk the same pair of bells for months, progressing through the different phases of the program and  increasing volume and density.

@Adam I would say your 2 bells are fine right now. You may need the next size up after you go through STRONG one or two times. :D

Thanks guys.

Would the extras to order with it (More Kettlebell Muscle etc.) be sufficient to cover a wide variety of goals (fat loss, muscle gain, specific conditioning goals etc.) once basic technique and strength levels are up to par?

Adam

Chris I don't have a link. Checkout December 2009 MILO magazine article(volume 17 number 3). Google "Milo strength 17.3". Ironmind sells it for like $20. Pavel has ETK PLUS routine that is a single/double kettlebell hybrid program. Great program. Especially if you get bored easily. Every day is a different workout, just roll the dice and play the game.

If you get the "Kettlebell Express" (products -> books/videos on this site)  AA bunch   by Geoff Neupert you are offered a double kettlebell version for additional $. A bunch of programs/routines. Download e-books.

If you get the "Kettlebell Express" (products -> books/videos on this site) by Geoff Neupert you are offered a double kettlebell version for additional $. A bunch of programs/routines. Download e-books.

I wonder why Kettlebell Strong isn't offered through this website.  It really is the double kettle bell basic technique resource.  It seems like it would be a great compliment to S & S and the foundations DVD.  IF they can offer KB then I wonder why not Strong. Right now, I'm doing the ROP and "practicing" the KB strong techniques at low volume on my variety days.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back