all posts post new thread

Old Forum Easy endurance

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rigor Mortis

Level 1 Valued Member
What does "Running and swimming nearly daily with near max relaxation" mean in practice?

My HR gets up to 165, when jogging with nasal breathing, can I do it daily in addition to my PT (gtg pushups, pullups ladders, heavy abs)?

Ok,  walking with nasal breathing feels like that to me, but jogging/running doesn`t feel relaxed yet. Although I can run 2800m-3000m in 12minutes when using max effort and breathing through mouth.

How can I get to the point where I can run, swim and ruck "with near max relaxation"? Jogging/walking intervals with nasal breathing?

The nosebreathing guideline worked very well for me this previous summer.  I hate heart-rate monitoring.  Just pretend somebody duct-taped your mouth closed.  Take baby steps, barely faster than walking.  Build up from there.  Bare feet on grass feels great.

The few pages on cardio Pavel gives us in Easy Strength is great stuff.  There's a place for both "In Your Face Cardio" and "Easy Endurance".  Check out Phil Maffetone and John Douillard.

This John Douillard video gives a quick summary of nosebreathing.  Buy his book.  If you can read about ayurvedic somatotypes, you have great endurance.

http://youtu.be/SYZq52A5-Qk

Here's my problem with this:  I have itty bitty nostrils.  I'm therefore more limited than many others.  If I use a breathe-right strip and do this, it'd be like night and day.  Should I be doing that?

for running and swimming at nearly max relaxation check out Chi running and Total Immersion swimming.  the techniques taught provide that " I could do this forever" feeling.

I have itty bitty nostrils as well and have wondered about this.

With straight nose breathing I can barely go faster than a walk but, with a breath-right strip, I get so much air it's easy to go way too fast. Is it normal to have such a difference?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom