all posts post new thread

Old Forum Eating after a workout

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NJRick

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello all,

Just curious what sfgs like to eat after training.  After my S&S sessions I'll usually have a some nuts and fruit.  Occasionally I'll drink a protein shake.  How important do you think it is to eat immediately after a training session?

Not SFG (RKC if that helps?).

If I train at noon I eat berries  and quark (high protein yoghurt basically, 13g protein/100g) and a handfull of nuts after.

If it is between 2 training sessions I just have a protein-bar and some aminoacids.

If I train in the evening I just go home afterwards and eat (a hunk of carcass and some rigid colors)

NJRick, I go by feel.  I find that certain types of training actually take away my appetite so I don't eat again until I'm hungry, and that's pretty much my guiding principle: eat when I'm hungry.

-S-

Park bench programs: I'll eat whenever I'm hungry, usually an hour or more after my practice.

Bus bench programs: I'll immediately down a protein shake with milk instead of water and a raw egg, just for good measure. My first four weeks on a recent program increased my weight by almost 5 pounds, but leveled off after that.

You'll have to experiment and see what works for you.

Typically I find a PWB (post-workout burrito) to be the most effective method of recovering from my workout.

But really what Steve said. Go by feel.

Haha Steve, my cert is actually this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale! (I'm quite nervous and excited for it.)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom