all posts post new thread

Forum Business Exporting Logs

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Is there a way to export my training log from the forum?

I like backups.
In your browser menu you can do Print > Save as PDF for each forum page, but you'd still have to do each page separately. The last page or two of each PDF will also be taken up with a bunch of forum links, but you can edit the range of pages to be saved to omit any that don't have any actual posts on them. When you save them, you can change the scale to fit more posts on each PDF page, and you can always combine the separate PDF files after you save them.

For future posts, an easier way to have a backup might be to write each post in an ongoing word processing document and then cut and paste them onto the forum. In other words, make the backup first and then post it.

Well the most obvious way although manual (and tedious if you want to go back and do all of your logs) is to cut and paste…

Maybe someone smart knows a bulk method…
I'm hesitant to try a scraper. Mainly because I'm sure it will set off all kinds of alarms over at SF HQ and secondly because I am a very very bad scripter.

In your browser menu you can do Print > Save as PDF for each forum page, but you'd still have to do each page separately. The last page or two of each PDF will also be taken up with a bunch of forum links, but you can edit the range of pages to be saved to omit any that don't have any actual posts on them. When you save them, you can change the scale to fit more posts on each PDF page, and you can always combine the separate PDF files after you save them.

For future posts, an easier way to have a backup might be to write each post in an ongoing word processing document and then cut and paste them onto the forum. In other words, make the backup first and then post it.
This is what I used to do. That way I could write my log where I had no internet access (or restricted) and upload it later.

I think Python have a library for crawling data, but you'll have a code a bit.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom