all posts post new thread

Forum Business Facebook vs This Forum

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Are there any conventions/guidelines regarding what we post on Facebook forum vs what we post on this forum ?

Personally I find Facebook quite a confusing place - I would much rather use a more structured forum like this one.

Bill
Personally, I don't use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other general social media platform.

So my convention/guideline is to never post anything on Facebook.

Are there any conventions/guidelines regarding what we post on Facebook forum vs what we post on this forum ?

Personally I find Facebook quite a confusing place - I would much rather use a more structured forum like this one.

I agree, this forum is far better for useful discussions and form checks, plus it's easily searchable.

If you want a whole lot of instructors to chime in quickly and one-up each other, post a form check on Facebook. ? They're always cordial, it's just that everyone wants to share their special knowledge. Sometimes that's entertaining. Occasionally it's insightful and useful. And it is quick to get replies. Personally I don't chime in there. ..The StrongFirst Facebook group has over17,000 members, so potentially any of people are seeing what you post there in their newsfeed. Far too many for my taste.

Agreed. Forums like this are more organized and you can easily find what you're looking for since they're categorized.

Strongfirst FB is just fine, but I prefer this forum. When think about strongfirst, I think this forum and people around here.

Bill
Common courtesy, kindness and (un)common sense should apply in any environment where you interact with other people.

It will serve you well to have a heightened awareness that much of the nuance of conversation is stripped out when it's written words alone.

Approach each engagement with an attitude to learn something you don't know.

Assume the best of people who disagree, be willing to not have the last word and respectfully disengage if mutual benefit is lost.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom