all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Fatloss/Hypertrophy programs by Geoff Neupert

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Xene

Level 6 Valued Member
After longer time of strength work I will sneak in a little fatloss/hypertrophy block of about 4-5 weeks.
When it comes to fatloss/hypertrophy programs and you choose the kettlebells as your primary tool, there is no way around @Geoff Neupert .

I read a lot in this forum, I receive his newsletter and I realized that there is so much material about this topic. Most popular programs:

- Dry Fighting Weight (DFW): “Dry Fighting Weight”: Fat Loss Through Strength | StrongFirst
-> Strength/Fatloss focus? Double Kettlebells

- Total Tension Complex (TTC): Total Tension Kettlebell Complex | StrongFirst
-> Strength/Hypertrophy focus? Double Kettlebells

- Kettlebell Burn 2.0:
-> Fatloss focus? Single Kettlebells

- Kettlebell Burn Extreme Reloaded:
-> Fatloss focus? Double Kettlebells

- Kettlebell Muscle:
-> Hypertrophy/Fatloss Focus? Double Kettlebells

- More Kettlebell Muscle:
-> Hypertrophy/Fatloss Focus? Double Kettlebells, 20 different programs inside

Now I ask myself where to start with all this information and there is so much to chose.
Any recommendations and tipps are very welcome. Like I wrote above, I want to invest about 4-5 weeks in one of the programs.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
I just completed Dry Fighting Weight with 2x24s. I don't have any before/after measurables for fat loss, but as far as anecdotal evidence goes, my wife stopped me mid-sentence during dinner last week to tell me how ripped I look. The program was a lot of fun and I'll definitely run through it again when I'm strong enough to do it with 32s.

My guess is all of @Geoff Neupert 's programs are going to get the advertised results. Just pick the one that looks the most fun to you.

I started the double kettlebell work with Dry Fighting Weight with double 25 kg. Before that i was done ROP with 25 kg. Dry fighting weight is perfect for me during that time. I had built more muscle and became much stronger - that is the first time i tasted the power of double bell.

Then i did the Wolf. I don't like that one, because even though it said that the program is 20-30 minutes, i actually needed to lie down to the floor for the next 20 minutes...Anyway, about the body composition, the Wolf gave me vein on my Abbie.

Geoff's programs are good. If body composition is your goal, i think choosing the program that you are not familiar with would work best.

Right.

Almost any S&C program can be a fat loss program so long as the recovery debt is not so high that you can't deal with it in a caloric deficit.

That's a great summation. Do a volume of work that is recoverable while in a caloric deficit. Doesn't matter much what the work is. But, might as well work on a skill or build strength in something specific while you do it.

That's a great summation. Do a volume of work that is recoverable while in a caloric deficit. Doesn't matter much what the work is. But, might as well work on a skill or build strength in something specific while you do it.

I'm probably going to get hate on for saying this, but....

I find the easiest style of strength training to recover from while on a caloric deficit to be bodybuilding-leaning routines.

I don't mean I have to necessarily do bodybuilding moves*, but if I do one of my T1 strength lifts (e.g. front squat), I'll do it at 60% of RM for sets of 3x8, instead of my normal 80%1RM for 5x5.

*for reasons I can't easily explain, I also find actual body building moves, like chest flyes, to have near zero metabolic / systemic recovery when, instead of using free weights, I use resistance bands. the same for full body bodyweight compound moves.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to get hate on for saying this, but....

I find the easiest style of strength training to recover from while on a caloric deficit to be bodybuilding-leaning routines.

I don't mean I have to necessarily do bodybuilding moves*, but if I do one of my T1 strength lifts (e.g. front squat), I'll do it at 60% of RM for sets of 3x8, instead of my normal 80%1RM for 5x5.

*for reasons I can't easily explain, I also find actual body building moves, like chest flyes, to have near zero metabolic / systemic recovery when, instead of using free weights, I use resistance bands. the same for full body bodyweight compound moves.

No hate from me, it leaves clues as to why they are the choice movements for bodybuilders

I think the common theme is that it doesn't matter so much what the work or movement is. The intensity, volume, and recovery matters most when it comes to fat loss and exercising in a caloric deficit. So it just has to be a good exercise selection and arrangement that allows for these to be optimized.

The program that gave me best "visual result" would be Dry Fighting Weight.

I'vedone all the others (granted not all of the complexes in MKM3) ...they are all great. DFW gave the best visual results.

Quick question to those that have tried the "dry fighting weight" program. Have you tried it with a barbell?

If so what results did you notice?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom