all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Finally got my manual!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

wespom9

Level 6 Valued Member
After an excruciatingly long wait (not SF's fault of course, just international shipping and the fact that I'm a huge nerd) I got my manual in the mail Monday evening. Been devouring it since.

What impresses me the most so far on my first read through is the sheer amount of information that must have been synthesized for these programs. Seems like a graduate level bioenergetics and physiology read, yet with a distinct practical twist. Very refreshing in that sense and I love that after pages of info, you'll see a short little paragraph like "based on the above, [StrongFirst] concluded..." with the practical implication.

Will post more as I read through!

I noticed that "Second Wind" is referenced a few times regarding alactic power training. How come it's in that seminar - related to some sort of breathing strategy I would assume?

I noticed that "Second Wind" is referenced a few times regarding alactic power training. How come it's in that seminar - related to some sort of breathing strategy I would assume?

About half of Second Wind is about breathing specifically. The other half is about speed and speed-strength, "relaxed second" and relaxation adaptive reaction, myorelaxation benefits and mechanisms, muscle rigidity, relaxation training... And efficiency -- elasticity, capacity, speed and power reserve, metabolic economy, lability, stability. That last part ties into Strong Endurance protocols.

The two seminars go well together, so I hope you get to do this one some day!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom