all posts post new thread

Old Forum Forearm slow twitch hypertrophy and S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chazak

Level 1 Valued Member
Can I do S&S and add a forearm ST hypertrophy regimen? At this point one of the cheap crushers you can get at a sports store would seem to be perfect to hit the 30-60 seconds to failure from constant slow squeezing for me.

I tried something similar with GTG CoC grippers and S&S for a couple of weeks in the past and Pavel is right (no surprise then!).

Although it wasn't slow twitch training it certainly was a quickly terminated experiment. I was swinging and getting up with the bulldog at that point (and slowly moving onto the beast for my swings) and suffered a fortnight of stagnation and actually started to see my output worsening by the end of this. My grip on the climbing wall also worsened! So as a case study I would certainly say it's not a great idea.

All in all if you are capable of swinging a beast for 100 reps with good quality power output then your grip will be pretty phenomenal.

When you move to the 32 Pavel recommends continuous swings every 2 weeks with a 24 bell. I overlooked this aspect to S&S having thought that it wasn't until you owned the 32. When this subject came up on this forum I gave it a go for the first time. I have no idea how this compares to slow twitch growth other than the fact that my forearms melted. Might be worth trying as you progress with S&S?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom