all posts post new thread

Old Forum Forum access

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

strongo

Level 1 Valued Member
Does anyone else have trouble getting on this forum sometimes? I often really battle to open threads and it gets a bit tiresome. I don't think it's my connection since other sites work fine at the same time.

There have been issues here from time to time.  If you think StrongFirst isn't aware of them, use the Contact link here and let them know.  I have trouble sometimes, but overall, I'd say it's pretty rare.  When I do have trouble, I usually try again, and if it's still a problem, I wait a few minutes and try yet again.  And then if it's still a problem, I let someone know about it.

Just my opinion.

-S-

Strongo, I too often have problems when navigating to the Strongfirst website from another site. Once I'm in the site I don't have problems, but for some reason initially accessing the site is commonly problematic.

I use iPads to surf the web and this is the only site I have trouble with.

There have been a few people sighting that with iPads the forum is not easy to work with. I think I tried it on my iPhone once but since the forum has no mobile template I gave up on that. Would be nice to get better forum software that we could use Tapatalk with for us mobile users. :D

I agree this forum can be quirky on an iPad - try another browser.  I use Chrome on my iPad-2 and it handles this forum fine, and much more quickly than the built-in browser, Safari, does.  The only quirk I have here is that it doesn't always sense the beginning of sentences and automatically capitalize - other than that, it works fine on my device.

-S-

I’ve found that deleting my cache frequently prevents this problem, on both my MacBook and iPhone.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom