all posts post new thread

Old Forum Getup's and the 24kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nathan Sears

Level 1 Valued Member
Tonight I decided to start the 24kg on tgu's.  Was surprised at the ease of the transition.  I felt the weight difference immediately, but my body just kept on trucking. It even felt more solid going through the progressions.

Many Thanks to the Strong First community.

Excellent! I had the same experience from 16 to 24 and then also from the 24 to 32kg. Have not tried a 40kg yet...

For me atleast the 40 is a different animal than the 32 was. I can do all my get ups with the 40 but the 1st one always makes me nervous. After the 1st one my CNS is in gear and everything is fine but the 1st one makes me nervous. The Beast will be even better im sure.

Thanks for the comments. It taught me not to pre-judge my capability. Probably limit myself to much. This pushes me to keep arriving higher.

I had the same experience going from 24 -> 32 ... and then I started backsliding. I think I had simply not dialled in the technique properly , so the new 32-workload started to wear me down once I started doing 6-10 reps of the TGU's with the 32.

After 2 weeks I had trouble doing a 16kg properly.

I then went all the way back and worked up from no weight to 8kg, to 16kg etc. until I finally just 'had it'. Sucks, but the only way. And worth it.

So I guess my 2 cents are these: enter into a new bell size with caution and be ready to scale back at any sign of trouble. Build a broad foundation of your pyramid.

And congratz btw :)

/Ulrik

Thanks Ulrik. I definitely want to progress with good form. This has rehabed my shoulder, and I don't want to harm it again.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom