all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Greasing the groove with multiple exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Blake8098

Level 1 Valued Member
Anyone have experience with greasing the groove with 3-5 exercises? If so how did it work with that many? Say you did half max pushups pull-ups situps squats and dips every day. Would you have to keep volume so low that it wouldn’t do much? If you had volume high would that be too much and lead to overtraining? And my thoughts would be greasing the groove with these and running/rucking would be the only work for a month or so. Not like adding all that to an existing program. Curious if anyone had tried.

thanks

I've always thought that GtG should be used only with one or two movements as per Naked Warrior. However, I just came up with Graig Weller's blog post where he suggests that the method could be used for a handful of exercises in one cycle.

Hello,

Usually, it is advised not to exceed 1 or 2 exercises to ensure both proper technique and recovery. I guess this is possible to do it for let say 3 exercises. For instance, at work, I tend to do pistols and OAP / OAOLP. When I get back home, I do pull ups.

In addition, the more exercises you do, the more frequent you'll have to stop your activities. To a certain extent, I think that when we pick up too many exercises, we finally spend all day thinking "I have to do my push ups" or "I did not do enough squats", etc...so it tends to become a burden.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I have my son GTG the following with decent slow progress:
pullup, oap, pistol, plank (static 20 seconds), jumping jacks (static 40 reps)

instead of "50%" though, the base wave number is 30%. So some days at 20% some days up to 50%. A retest once every 2-3 weeks.

The primary purpose is to get his blood flowing as a rest from homework.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom