all posts post new thread

Old Forum GTG and conditioning

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

alex88

Level 3 Valued Member
Hey comrades!

Due to some  changes in my life i have to stop my programm and want to switch to gtg

(i'm keeping the same excercisesses)

In the book naked warrior pavel recomands to incorporate a big pull like kettbell swings/snatches up to 3 times a week. i want to do swing two times a week. My questiones now are:

Should i gtg on the days i do my conditiong work?

furthermore: in the kettlebell challange at the end of the book there is a timetable for snatches, cleans etc showing what is consinderted fast and slow. Is there one for swings too/what is considered fast for swings?

thanks for your help in advance!

i can do training twice per week und thuesday and friday. i want to swing on these days. Therefor i choose gtg because the strenght drills i train are the pistol and the oapu so i can do them in the ofice if i want to. Why do you ask?

You can GTG so don't worry about that. As far as for conditioning, swings can handle that

should be fine to GTG on days you are doing swings. Make sure to listen to your body and back off a bit if you're a little tired or sore the next day.

The reason i asked was because i read in one of pavels works that it is not ideal to do conditiong and strenght work on the same day. The reason was that the body doesn't know what to adapte to. I tried it today and i doesn't feel bad or something. if you all thing it would be okay than i'll give it a try and see what happens.

I keep going back in my mind to an article Steve Friedes wrote on the DD site.  He wrote about adding a minimalistic conditioning element to Power the People, and recommended two minutes of hard swings after lifting, every day.  You might consider this approach.  For example, a hard two minutes of swings each evening, or even twice a day.  It will give you conditioning, but will not interfere with GTG.  You can GTG and swing on the same day.

Yes. Greasing the groove is all about being fresh. Personally I'd wait a couple hours after doing the conditioning work out and have a meal before starting to GTG again, but as long as you feel fresh your good to go.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom