all posts post new thread

Barbell Help/Ideas on deadlifting

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tbone77

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello ,
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I would like some ideas on deadlifting on a variable schedule. What I mean by this is I don't have access to barbell and plates at home but due to shift work have access to barbells/plates 2 days a week and then a 5th day later (Theoretically something like this :Mon /Tues/ Sun/Mon/Sat/Sun and so on rotating)
my questions are as follows:
1.I am following S&S 3-5 x a week (sometimes splitting the days of swings and Get-Ups per Mark Limbaga advice), how should I incorporate deadlifts into this?
2.What sort of programming should I use?
Thank you in advance for your help and time

Hello ,
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I would like some ideas on deadlifting on a variable schedule. What I mean by this is I don't have access to barbell and plates at home but due to shift work have access to barbells/plates 2 days a week and then a 5th day later (Theoretically something like this :Mon /Tues/ Sun/Mon/Sat/Sun and so on rotating)
my questions are as follows:
1.I am following S&S 3-5 x a week (sometimes splitting the days of swings and Get-Ups per Mark Limbaga advice), how should I incorporate deadlifts into this?
2.What sort of programming should I use?
Thank you in advance for your help and time
Once a week program in a deadlift day. Nothing crazy, 3-5 sets of 5 reps would be fine. Maintain your S&S training, just skip a day between deadlifts and swings, get ups would probably be fine, just don't go to crazy. Every time you can get the 3-5 sets of 5 reps on the deadlift add 10-20 pounds.

Pavel's KBs and DL articles work nicely --I do get ups several times a week and skip the swings on the DL days.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom