all posts post new thread

Old Forum Help me Tweak my TGU & One-hand Swings!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DaveKB

First Post
Love S & S and really getting into it, using it 5-6 times a week (I jog or swim on the other 2 days, using the philosophy about not working onesself out, from the book).

Few queries on form, though:

1. TGUs - when going from the sitting-up on elbow position top sitting-up with the arm perpendicular to the floor, do you curl-up, or 'hinge' up from the hips, keeping the spine straightish?

2. When I do one-handed swings, it seems more comfortable to rotate my arm inwards on the bottom position so, if you were looking from above in 2d, the KB handle rotates about 90 degrees inwards. The top of my hand therefore faces the inside of the opposite leg. Is this acceptable?

Hope I have explained question 2 okay, was struggling.

1. TGUs – when going from the sitting-up on elbow to the "tall-sit" you should roll and wedge-up underneath the bell at roughly a 45 degree angle, as opposed to sitting-up the way dracula would from his coffin.

That's a perfectly acceptable way to position your hand on the back-swing. As long as it's not rotating out, you're good. You'll probably want to position your hands inward if you start to do any double kb work.

one thing to be careful of with that hand positioning on the single hand swing is that it pulls your shoulder out of proper positioning.  by pushing your thumb straight back you are susceptible to an outward rotation of the shoulder which pulls it out of the packed position.  keep the hand flat, knuckles point to the ceiling in the strike position and to the floor on the back position.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom