all posts post new thread

Old Forum Increase flexibility - yin yoga or relax into stretch?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gravytrain

Level 5 Valued Member
Trying to get more flexible for Bjj.

im assuming most would recommend relax. But was wondering what your experience has been if you have done one or the other.

I have never taken a yoga class.  I have read about it and talked to people about it, and my opinion is that the practice of yoga is very much dependent on the teacher, and is also largely self-selecting, by which I mean that some people get it and benefit from it, and others either don't make progress or get hurt.

I highly recommend Relax Into Stretch - see other recent threads on this forum for a more in-depth discussion.

-S-

I've taken many yoga classes, done yoga with DVDs, and have my own regular practice.  I recently bought Pavel's 'Relax into Stretch.'  'Relax' will give you all you need.  It's great.  It will get you flexible faster than going to yoga classes.  Yoga will give you something really great, though, if properly taught/guided -- the ability to be your own observer, to be self-aware, and listen to your body.  This has been really important to me in venturing into strength training - to not be afraid to push limits, but to carefully listen to the body's signals.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom