all posts post new thread

Old Forum is Pavel ever present at courses?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

happyhd

Level 4 Valued Member
After training by myself for 2 years I have decided to take a real kb course. Flying to the US is a big deal economy wise so I just wonder: is Pavel ever present on the courses?

I doubt he attends courses but I have seen him in videos taken at a number of the certifications.

" ... is Pavel ever present on the courses?"

Generally speaking, no, but we are a school of strength.  It is our mission to provide you with the same quality of instruction, based on the same principles and taught with the same level of care, no matter which instructor is doing the teaching at any individual event.  And you may rest assured that Pavel is still laying out the direction for our school.

-S-

Although I'm sure the instruction at the courses is excellent, Pavel has a unique presence that will be missed.

When I did the RKC in 2009, all the candidates had to wear adhesive name tags at all times, which allowed the instructors to call us by name, but I didn't have a lot of direct interaction with Pavel to the extent that I would expect him to remember me -- on his rounds among the various teams, he gave me a tip during one of the workouts that helped me a lot, and I got called up to evaluate another candidate's squat in front of the group, but that was about it.

After the course was over, I went up to Pavel to thank him and tell him how much I liked PTTP, and he asked me how much I deadlifted. Then, as I walked away he called me by name and wished me a safe trip back to Connecticut. I looked down at my shirt and realized that I had taken off my name tag before talking to him.

hanks for fast feedback. For the record, I meant no disrespect to others. might see you seen soon:)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom