all posts post new thread

Nutrition is this ok...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LEGENDARY70

Level 2 Valued Member
hello all.

watched a carnivore vid where the guy states it is ok to eat fried chicken....is this true? I usually eat baked chicken but was wondering.

thx

I'm sure it depends on your definition of the diet. If there's no 'rule book' that lays out exactly what's permitted then it's up to each individual to determine what's permissable.

Presumably, they mean shallow-fried rather than deep fried in batter. If you feel like eating fried chicken would enable you to continue to reap whatever benefits you feel you're getting from the carnivore diet then go right ahead. If you suspect it will mess things up, don't do it.

hello all.

watched a carnivore vid where the guy states it is ok to eat fried chicken....is this true? I usually eat baked chicken but was wondering.

thx
No. The breading wouldn’t be in line with the diet neither would whatever seed oils are probably used to fry it (if we’re talking about like conventional fried chicken).

Last edited:
If you look hard enough online you can find someone who tells you anything is ok. I am not a big fan of a carnivore diet, but breaded, fried chicken would not be on it.

Forgive me for changing the subject, but the more chicken is hidden, the better. Around here, I'll eat it if it's been breaded, and fried, and then baked in the oven with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Breaded, fried, and buried.

I can't imagine not having a "pain suisse" on Saturdays after my heavy deadlifts - we are fortunate to have a wonderful French bakery in my town here in New Jersey. The carnivore diet would be a non-starter in our house. I will shortly write an article called The French Pastry Diet.

Wait - it's been done already: The French Pastry Diet

We now return you to your regular program already in progress. :)

-S-

Forgive me for changing the subject, but the more chicken is hidden, the better. Around here, I'll eat it if it's been breaded, and fried, and then baked in the oven with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Breaded, fried, and buried.

I can't imagine not having a "pain suisse" on Saturdays after my heavy deadlifts - we are fortunate to have a wonderful French bakery in my town here in New Jersey. The carnivore diet would be non-started in our house. I will shortly write an article called The French Pastry Diet.

Wait - it's been done already: The French Pastry Diet

We now return you to your regular program already in progress. :)

-S-
Epic.

Gastronomy, the art and science of cooking.
French cooking with various formations of protein, carbs and fats. ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom