all posts post new thread

Old Forum KB Newbie With Some SFG1 Questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

markrice66

First Post
Hi everybody,

I'll preface my questions with this, I am new to kettlebells and I absolutely love them.  I appreciate all the great insight provided here on the forums.

To that end, as I continue with my training I have considered going for the SFG 1 cert later down the line and I have a couple of questions regarding technique, especially in comparison to the RKC.

1. The TGU:  The RKC TGU includes the bridge position but the Strong First TGU does not include the bridge.  My question is this; is one version better than other, and since I am truly just getting started, should I be using one technique over the other to build a solid foundation for the movement pattern?

2. My other question revolves around the snatch.  Since I am just in the beginning phase of ETK, I'm doing my best wrap my head around the snatch technique prior hitting the "Rite of Passage".  Even though I haven't hit that portion of the program, my thought is to train the snatch the same way you would be tested on it at SFG1, should the time eventually comes.  I have seen variations in snatch technique.  The RKC snatch incorporates the high pull while the technique that Jeff Martone demonstrates keeps the bell along a more vertical pathway within the confines of the body's width.  How similar  or dissimilar is the SFG snatch to the RKC's or Jeff Martone's?  My gut is telling me it's probably more similar to the RKC style snatch, but I don't have verification of that, and before I start banging away on the RKC snatch during the "Rite of Passage" I want to make sure I'm training the technique properly, if indeed going for SFG1 becomes the goal.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom