all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB Swing Feedback

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jfran1985

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello everyone,

First time poster. I started doing Simple and Sinister a few weeks ago. I am still learning, and I am attempting to dial in my swing technique. I was hoping to get some feedback. Eventually, I want to visit an instructor in my area (Columbus, Ohio).

I have two videos posted of one-arm swings (one with my right hand, the other with my left hand). Any feedback would be appreciated. I want to make sure I am swinging safely.

Thank you!

@Jfran1985, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

Your videos appear to be private - make them public if you want others to be able to see them.

Thank you.

-S-

Thanks for telling me that! I changed them and made them public, so they should be viewable now.

They're fairly safe...

What I would like you to work on is focusing more on the power generated by the hips as opposed to the volume of your power breath.

Let the breath be an amplifier of the power, not the focal point

Agree with @Mark Limbaga, basically solid!

You're doing a great job with tension. I'd almost say let a little tension go at the top of the swing. Let the bell fly up!

Your stance, hinge, plank, set-up, grip, shoulders, timing... all good.

Thank you for the feedback! I have been working on these suggestions for the last couple weeks. I worked on letting the bell fly up more freely and using my hips for more drive. I have been trying to really focus on gripping the ground with my toes and driving through the floor to lock out. Over the last week, my swings have felt a lot more powerful. I posted two new videos on a one armed swing with my right and left hand for more feedback.

Thanks for your help!

Very nice swings! You've done a good job incorporating the feedback.

When your right side is the working side, you are aligned well.

When your left side is the working side, freeze the video at any point during the set, you can see that we could move your left shoulder back and right shoulder forward for better alignment. An easy way to drill that is before each set with the left side, do some air swings with imaginary kettlebell, focusing on keeping shoulders even in all the positions.

Swing-wise, I think you're ready for a heavier kettlebell! (Program-wise, if this is about the right amount of work for 10x10 in a session, then carry on per S&S.)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom