all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Long Stretch Session After S&S?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JR47

Level 5 Valued Member
Have recently come across the work of Joe Hippensteel, who recommends long (1 hour minimum) stretching sessions.

Is there any bad effect for stretching for such a long time directly after my S&S practice?

Any data / knowledge appreciated here. Thanks!

The duration of a stretching session depends upon the number of individual stretching exercises, number of reps and sets. For example, if you programmed 10 stretches, for 3 reps of 30sec, 2 sets then it will take more than 45+ minutes with extra time for brief pauses between reps\sets and also to assume the next position. Whether you need this many exercises, sets, reps depends on goals and individual factors. These include whether you are trying to increase flexibility or prevent loss of past gains or for other reasons.
In case of S&S, halos, GS, bridge\TGUs and hanging covers a fair bit of territory as do the 2 specific cooldown stretches (Z & QLO).

Have recently come across the work of Joe Hippensteel, who recommends long (1 hour minimum) stretching sessions.

Is there any bad effect for stretching for such a long time directly after my S&S practice?

Any data / knowledge appreciated here. Thanks!
Usually I prefer 10-15 minutes of stretching in the evening. Sometimes I add a short cool down directly after S&S, like 20 second stretches with relaxed breathing. I only do this when I feel more strained than usual.

Usually I prefer 10-15 minutes of stretching in the evening. Sometimes I add a short cool down directly after S&S, like 20 second stretches with relaxed breathing. I only do this when I feel more strained than usual.
This is helpful. Thankyou

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom