all posts post new thread

Old Forum Long-Term KB and BW Routine

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Furo

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello guys,
I'm new to the forum, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has been covered somewhere before.

In terms of background I've been training exclusively with kettlebells and bodyweight for the past 18 months now, before then I trained for 4 years with barbells and dumbbells.

I am looking for a long-term kettlebell and bodyweight routine to follow. Does anyone have any recommendations of routines or books to buy? So far I've been making up my own training, using concepts from two books I have: "Naked Warrior" and "Enter the Kettlebell", and from articles on here and from T-nation. The only fully laid-out routines I have found are the one in Enter the Kettlebell (which I did for a month, and enjoyed, but missed greater exercise selection) and the 10,000 Swing workout by Dan John, but I believe he only recommends doing that for 5 weeks.
Thank you very much for any help.

Best wishes

I am gonna say look at some of Dan Johns stuff. He has quite a few that are Getups,Swings,Goblet Squats and Push Ups.

You might want to dig around here http://danjohn.net/category/programs/ and also at the davedraper.com forums where Dan John hangs hit hat a lot of time. :)

Geoff Neupert also has some good KB/Bodyweight hybrid programs. Check his sites out as well, and his Kettlebell Express.

You  could  combine (superset) a squat, a pull and a push with swings.

For example: Goblet Squat + Swings + active rest (I jog or walk)

Pull ups + Swings + active rest

Handstand push ups/Push ups/Military presses + Swings + active rest

Do three to five circuits.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom