all posts post new thread

Old Forum Long Term Template

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Iwan

First Post
Comrades,

i am 33 and training since 18 years old. i have a large library including, Easy strength, PTTP, BBB, Supertraining and all this stuff.I really like the Tricks in Pavels books and also followed them- but I am searching for a long term template to follow.

My last program was a HLM routine with days of 5´s 15´s and 10´s. I gained good but always failed to devolope this template further because the variety it already had.

I am searching for an easy long term template for mass and strength for 2x the week. I like the 531 template but for me the main 531 sets are too less volume to elict strength gains for me.

I thought that some wave cycling approach in general might fit me well because its similarity to HLM which also cycles intensity.Linear gains are long over for me.

Does anybody has a good source for that? Also some autoregulative aspects would be great because I always ride a fine line between too much or too less and tend to overcomplicate things (number of sets, how hard to go each set, progression each week etc.)

And:Greetings to the members of the old dragondoorforum! The strongfirst site looks great!

Yours,

Ivan

Stephan, find yourself a specific goal and it will give your training the focus it is lacking - just going for "mass and strength" isn't always specific enough.  E.g.:

Plan to enter a powerlifting meet in a year's time and see what you can do to improve your 1RM at the three powerlifts.

Achieve first Simple and then Sinister from Pavel's latest book

Achieve the goals stated in first Enter the Kettlebell and then Return of the Kettlebell.

Plan to attend one of our instructor certification courses and pass all the requirements.

Nothing brings focus to your training like a specific goal, and nothing helps you achieve a specific goal like a proven training plan.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom