all posts post new thread

Old Forum Looking for Help

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mjsomogyi

First Post
I am looking for a recommended beginner's program for my wife to use.  I have read that the recommended exercises for beginners are Goblet Squats, Swings, and the TGU, but how is this to be broken down (set/reps, time, etc.)?

Hi, Simple & Sinister is your answer. Link on the right  of this page.

I have found - working with my teenage daughter - that starting with the opening drills in ETK and the warm up for S&S have been a great intro.  in particular:

wall facing squats, goblet squats, halos, wall facing kb deadlifts, and pelvic thrusts before any swings are worked in.  my daughter had issues with the swings until she could recognize the proper position of the lower leg, how to bump the tush out and back, when to properly bend the knees, how to tighten the glutes and not bend the upper body back, how to focus on the abbies and glutes into the plank position.  these introductory exercises helped to guide her body into the swing.

then, of course, TGUs - as per Dan John's suggestion - with a cup of water on the fist -  and then moving to small bells until the motion is technically sound.

Do these for a couple of months and then S&S will do the trick going forward.

… sorry i didn't really answer you post - for rep scheme go with 3 sets of 5 reps for each of the exercises listed above and 5 reps per side with the tgu's.  focus on slow deliberate movements.  i believe this will provide a basic functional outline to get her ready for S&S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom