all posts post new thread

Old Forum Love the "WTH" effect

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TravisS

Level 5 Valued Member
I've been doing S&S for just over 10 weeks now and I'm SOO close to completing the simple goal... just need to bring the time down a tad on the swings.

I've probably only taken 3 days off of doing S&S in these 10 weeks.  This morning I decided to do a different circuit of exercises just to mix it up and give my mind a refresher.  One of those involved the clean and press.

Pressing has been a very weak area of mine and always wanted to get stronger but have not spent much time practicing.

Using S&S the last 10 weeks,  I actually pressed a 32kg for the first time this morning.  I assume by learning to gain maximum full body tension and getting stronger using TGUs that I was able to do this.....

LOVE this program!

Great to hear, Travis!

Please do me a favor and post a review of S&S on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kettlebell-Simple-Sinister-Pavel-Tsatsouline-ebook/product-reviews/B00GF2HP9G/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Another awesome discovery this morning.... I had a goal of a being able to do a pistol by the end of the year.  I had practiced months ago but quit when I started S&S.  I was never able to complete one because the lack of mobility,body tension, and balance.

I thought, I would give it a shot again since I was on this WTH effect test..... busted out a pistol on each side!!  Even stayed balanced at the bottom position for 5 seconds or so....  all without practicing for a few months.

Excellent, Travis! The "wth effect" is an indicator that the plan is an effective general strength developer—with wide carryover.

Thanks Pavel!  I was so excited that I was able to do them, that I had to show my wife last night after work.

She thought it was pretty cool looking movement!

Haha Travis, those are my exact results - able to press 32 and to do a pistol on both sides after not ever being able to do so prior to S&S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom