all posts post new thread

Old Forum Max hearthrate during swings

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

IvanK

Level 2 Valued Member
What do you think is the max heartrate I can reach without overloading at 35 years with a quite high heartrate at rest (80/85ca)?

Ivan, I'm no expert and I would not begin to guess what would be safe for you, but I can offer that I'm 46 and my HR was up to 169 when I did the non-stop swings today.  That's about as high as I ever see for myself.  My resting HR is in the low '50s from a lot of cycling, but I'm not sure that has much bearing on the max HR.

I suspect only you can answer that by self testing.   Also, your maximum heart rate doing swings should probably be the HR at which your swing form starts to deteriorate.  You could do non-stop swings or interval swings.  I feel an approach using interval swings would be a safe and fun approach.  You could take the swing bell and do 10 swings on the minute or each 45 sec or each 30 sec ....your choice, and see what your heart rate is when you feel form falters.  You could retest this at some later date to see if strength endurance has improved.  I don't hold much stock in some of the usual formulas to estimate max heart rate.  At age 71, I have done some body weight circuits and many times exceeded 170 heart rate which would be well above a max heart rate by the usual 220 - age type formula.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom