all posts post new thread

Old Forum Military Press blog made me think...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

drpower

Level 1 Valued Member
I have been wondering about building a plan to do a powerlifting type workout but with the S&S also. I thought of the 80/20 plan 1 exercise a day with the swings and get ups. Then this article/blog hit and made me want to add the press so I thought of doing  Mon-SQ/Tue-Bench/Thu-DL/Fri-Press the same way the 80/20 was set up. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks for your responses in advanced.

If you want to add some powerlifting to S&S then I suggest you adapt the program in the link below. Except you will not do the deadlift part. Swings will take the place of the deadlift and the TGU will take the place of the barbell press. Alternate your powerlifting days (Squat and Bench) and S&S days (Swings and TGUs). Do no more than two sessions of powerlifting and two sessions of S&S a week. Once you make it to 6x6 on a lift then add weight and start over. For S&S just do what Pavel wrote in the book.

I followed this program and never lifted more than 185lbs in the squat or swinging more than 55lbs. I ended up squating 295lbs, deadlifting 345, and power cleaning 205. Not impressive numbers by any means but hey, I'm just getting started (I also switched the bench to a Press since I dont have the proper equipment to bench safely). You may also need to add weighted pull-ups to strengthen your lats (this will help with the deadlift when its time to test your spirit).

I would also suggest you start off with S&S only to begin with. Become familiar with the program as it stands and see how your body responds. Then go from there.

http://www.allthingsgym.com/russian-squat-bench-press-deadlift-program-spreadsheet/

Example

Day 1

Squat 80 x 2 x 6

Bench 80 x 3 x 6

Day 2

Swings

TGU

Day 3

Squat 80 x 3 x 6

Bench 80 x 2 x 6

Day 4

Swings

TGU

Day 5

Squat 80 x 2 x 6

Bench 80 x 4 x 6

Day 6

Swings

TGU

Day 7

Squat 80 x 4 x 6

Bench 80 x 2 x 6

.......etc

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom