all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Missing Time in Prep Period

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I have a student following a PlanStrong-based program who, after doing two weeks of his first Preparatory period, has incurred a couple of minor, non-lifting injuries - had a wart removed from his foot, and got bruised from giving blood to the point where it still hurts to straighten his arm a few days later.

In a linear program, e.g., the ROP, we know we can go back a week or two in the schedule when training resumes, but since PlanStrong is non-linear, how, philosophically, do we approach a situation like this? Let's say he needs to miss this entire week, so he'd have done 2 weeks, then taken a week off.

My recommendation was to simply start the program over again - would love to hear other's thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

Hi Steve,

if the student missed only one week, I would either tell him to repeat last week or just continue to next one. Generally.

But, there are some other things I would take into consideration. Like what week is 3th, or witch one was the 2nd week? Meaning, I would continue with next week if it's around the 15 or 22 %, or get back to 2nd week if it is a low volume week.

Maybe even make some changes to the program in case that both 2nd and 3th week are high in volume and just switch the order of last two weeks. Ofcourse, with taking a look at the last cycle.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom