all posts post new thread

Old Forum More S&S questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

etristan

Level 4 Valued Member
Was Simple & Sinister tested on/by anyone before publication?

I'm curious about the effects of the program, beyond what I'm experiencing after the 3rd week/12th session.

So far, improved mobility and comfort in my hips and shoulders, better posture, an incredible boost in mood, and some hypertrophy.

The muscle building has been somewhat of a surprise, since this program is not really a hypertrophy program, and granted, the muscle is not like bodybuilding muscle growth, but more like I'm starting to get a structurally sound look.

"Wait till you get to the Simple goals."  Second that.  I just did 100 two arm swings with 32k in under 5 minutes, for the first time ever.  I did 10 swings on :00 and :30.  I almost could not finish, and I consider myself to be fairly strong and well conditioned.  I'm still doing TGU's with 24k.   The more time I spend on these movements, the more I realize that a man who can do 100 1 arm swings and 5 get ups per arm with 32k in the allotted time can probably do just about anything else he decides to work toward.

My results have been from working through the beginner stuff.  Using a 24kg and a 16kg, building towards the 24kg for everything but the warm up.  I'm totally convinced that one could actually be pretty awesome with a 24kg bell and 30 minutes a day a 3-6 days a  week.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom