all posts post new thread

Moving target complex

Gary W

Level 5 Valued Member
I feel like this doesn't get as much love as it should here, why?

Just done 2 rounds, first time ive used this complex is a while, beat my a#@ and enjoyable.
First round took 11:30 5min rest second round 13:30
Screenshot_20230807_093702_Connect.jpg

Just done 2 rounds, first time ive used this complex is a while, beat my a#@ and enjoyable.
First round took 11:30 5min rest second round 13:30
View attachment 22205
I like Total Tension a bit better (have done both) but this is an awesome program as well. Everyone should be doing it once they have gotten a good kettlebell foundation!

I think the main reason is that it isn't really a program, just a workout concept. As the article notes:
There are many ways to build a four- to six-week training plan around this workout. If you are experienced in program design, give it a shot and post your solution in the comments section. I will select the best ones and include them in a future blog.
There are a number of suggestions in the comments on the article, and there are a couple of follow-up articles with programming options:

Moving Target Complex Part 2
Moving Target Complex Part 3

So there are some different ways to cook it, but there's no specific "do this" programming to follow. You are basically left to design the programming yourself.

It's sort of analogous to Dan John's Grad Workout/ABC complex (2 CL, 1 MP, 3 FSQ). It's something that a lot of people seem to throw into the mix as a standalone session, but since there's no specific programming attached to it, not a lot of people seem to do it consistently or in a systematic way.

Dan John Grad Workout

Last edited:
I think the main reason is that it isn't really a program, just a workout concept. As the article notes:

There are a number of suggestions in the comments on the article, and there are a couple of follow-up articles with programming options:

So there are some different ways to cook it, but there's no specific "do this" programming to follow. You are basically left to design the programming yourself.

It's sort of analogous to Dan John Grad Workout/ABC complex (2 CL, 1 MP, 3 FSQ). It's something that a lot of people seem to throw into the mix as a standalone session, but since there's no specific programming attached to it, not a lot of people seem to do it consistently or in a systematic way.

Dan John Grad Workout
Yeah i do like a bit of armour building too, but generally i like to press abit more that it offers

I used it somewhat regularly when I broke our my sessions between Ballistics and Grinds. I've always been a big fan of it.

It's sort of analogous to Dan John's Grad Workout/ABC complex (2 CL, 1 MP, 3 FSQ). It's something that a lot of people seem to throw into the mix as a standalone session, but since there's no specific programming attached to it, not a lot of people seem to do it consistently or in a systematic way.

Dan John Grad Workout
Steve, the moving target complex part 3 "B" was what I used one summer like 10 years ago??? It was like 6 or 7 weeks and pretty good though I never did it again.

I think if i did it regularly id try and alternate 2 round with 1 round the following workout, 2 rounds doesn't seem much but it takes it out of me

I'm new to this complex...have only done it one day. Any suggestions on what to do on the in-between days that would complement the complex?

Back
Top Bottom