all posts post new thread

Old Forum My 8 day S&S strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Buy some chalk.

Use it when you need it. Don't use it when you don't.

There are no bonus points for not using chalk. Use chalk, do more swings, your grip will get stronger.

Thanks aussieluke,

I do have plans on buying some chalk.... I tested out my grip last week by using my powder to keep my hands dry and that is what the problem was.  I could easily finish my sets without a grip issue when my hands were completely dry.

Added my final set of 32kg swings and getups on monday.  Was curious where I was at timewise today so I set a timer and just did the work taking as long of rest as I thought was necessary.

I was shocked to find that my swings took 9:53!!!  Guess I need to put in a bit more work there.  I was was delighted to find that my getups I finished in 9:57!

What helped me advance when I was at the same point and striving for the simple goals was to set a fixed number of deep breaths between the sets of the swings as my prescribed rest period.  I saw this idea somewhere on here, can't remember who, think it was an adaptation of Iron Tamer's breathing ladders into S&S.

I started somewhere around 5.  Do the nasal breathing as has been described many places on here and breath deep into the gut.  You will be surprised at how much rest you will actually get with 5 deep breaths.

Even starting with 5, towards the end of the swings you may get that panicked feeling in your lungs when your mind is telling you that you aren't getting enough air and absolutely have to breath faster, but you will see in time that you don't.  Once you feel comfortable at a fixed number of breaths between sets, decrease to 4 breaths between sets...stay there until comfortable, then decrease again.  Keep doing this until you are in the 2-3 breath range and then try timing yourself again, you should be quite close at that point.

Anyways, that's what helped me, hope it can help you too.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom