all posts post new thread

Old Forum My November Challenge

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mad Mike

Level 1 Valued Member
Recently I was looking through the Forum and somebody posted about a TGU October challenge that they made for themselves, I LOVED the idea. I have been struggling with my weight and motivation lately and after reading this post I was ready to get my butt back in gear. I decided to go a little further then just doing the TGU. I decided to also use swings and snatches so I decided that my challenge would look something like this:

Turkish Get UP: 500 total using 40lbs Kettlebell

Kettlebell swings: 3,000 total using 50lbs Kettlebell

Kettlebell snatches: 1,500 total using 40lbs Kettlebell

This equals out to 17 TGU, 100 swings, 50 snatches per day.

I have also cleaned up my diet to a more natural one. I just finished my Day 2 workout and feel great. So great infact I felt like sharing with everyone, maybe my post will inspire somebody to start just like the post I read.

To the TGU October challenge person, THANK YOU!

Mike,

Sounds great, I love the idea of creating a challenge and then completing it. From my experience, you'll get as much benefit form doing what you say will do as you will from the actual physical results. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Phil

Day 4 is in the books!! I have a little tightness in my back but other then that no issues. My Wife has been giving me the kick in the a$$ I need when I am not feeling it. My new found motivation is also making her want to get back to the gym which is awesome!

great challenge, it looks like a modified PM, you're gonna have some serious conditioning!

Mike, best of luck!  the one month challenge works great for me.  I posted the TGU challenge for October and it was fantastic, I did the 10,000 swing challenge in Sept and loved it.  stating the objective and sticking to it gets me going in the morning.  I keep a training diary on each challenge, tell everyone in the family what I am doing and hold myself accountable to the end, it get's me in bed early at night, it keeps me from overindulging at the local pub, keeps me clean.  its a great way to train.  your challenge looks pretty brutal, good stuff, keep it going, don't give up, I look forward to reading about your progress.  keep us updated!

Monmouth Is south of me, I'm in Passaic.

I know it is brutal but I am doing well with it so far. I saw the 10,000 swing challenge, I will try to tackle that next month. I will keep you all posted, Time to go start Day 5's workout.

Day 5 is in the books! Back is a bit tired but I pushed through. This challenge is really keeping me focused on my workouts and my eating the rest of the day.

Just be careful with these challenges.  Crossfit gets criticism for encouraging people to push themselves too hard, while Strong First is all about practicing quality reps.  You don't want to cross the line of SF principles to complete a challenge.

I understand what you are saying. I don’t feel like it is pushing my body to hard, I just feel like it is giving me direction and keeping me on track for my fitness goals.

UPDATE: I missed Wednesdays workout so I decided to add reps to the other days to complete the reps I missed. So far I am just short 12 TGUs. that will completely catch me up. I haven’t been experiencing any tightness or pain. I am down about 8-10 LBS in the 8 Days of this challenge as well as my new natural eating approach. I couldn’t be happier with my results so far. it is really pushing me to continue this until the end.

Awesome results in such a short time. I'm guessing you've got quite a bit to lose.

If you don't mind sharing, what's your starting height/weight? Also, how old are you?

I started at 6'1" 245lbs with 20% Body Fat. I am now down to 236lbs as of this morning. I am actually in fairly good shape just a bit of extra flub to trim down.

I skipped TGU today. I have a little tightness in the left side of my hip and it bothered me when I performed the TGU so figured I wasn't going to push it and hurt myself.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom