all posts post new thread

Old Forum My progress + a Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mila20

First Post
Hello all,

This is my first post here so I thought I'd share a bit of info about myself: I am 22 years old, 5'10", 150lbs,  and have been following the advice in the books I have by Pavel, Dan John and Marthy Gallagher for the past 3 years or so.

After reading Easy Strength, for the past 2 months I have been following Steve Justa's Deadlift Singles program, combined with a PTTP style cycle for the barbell military press.

I have seen tremendous results so far with this program, with my deadlift 1RM increasing from 260lbs to 310lbs (2X bw) and by barbell military press shooting up to 127lbs from 105lbs.

My training prior to this has revolved around the ROP primarily, seeing my one armed press  from the 16kg bell to 5X5 with the 28kg bell in 2 years. despite this, the 32kg bell (closest to my half bw) remained difficult for me.

I just tested my presses with the 32kg bell again this morning and got 3 reps on both sides, so I believe the 2 month stint with barbell pressing has helped immensely.

I would like to continue following the Steve Justa Deadlift program as it fits around my lifestyle perfectly (who doesn't have time to crank out 3-15 reps each day?)

My question though is whether it would be acceptable to perform the pressing ladders from ROP with the 32 bell in the L-M-H format 3 times a week in combination with the Justa singles? My main concern is that cleaning the bell before each rep in combination with the deadlift would be too much work for the lower back, although this may not be problematic until the volume starts to build on the ROP ladders.

I would love to here any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom