all posts post new thread

Special Events - General Need to be adjusted? Feeling dead and drained

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Arnaeos

First Post
193cm/6f3 102kg 15bf maintenance kcal 4500kcal
My weight did not move.
Sleep 7/8 hours

Ps: 3x5 would stand for 3 sets 5 reps
Monday (Heavy stress day)
1x1 95%
4x5 adding 5kg each week until can't managed 5 reps
Then
1x1 95%
4x3 add 5kg each week until i know next week would be a fail
I go then to
1x1 95% again
4x1 Same process add 5kg until I know I can't managed
Ps: I never fail any rep

Wednesday (Light day)
3x5 reduce weight by 20% of Monday

Friday (Medium day)
4x5 reduce weight by 10% of monday

Went from 140 1rm to 170 1rm squat
By the end of this I do feel really slow brain wise.
Im currently doing my deload week and hoping to feel better :(

Am I feeling drain cause of my single top set?
Or too many sets on heavy day or it's just part of the process and the deload would get me back on track ?

I was thinking about something like this for my next prog

Monday (Heavy stress day)
Week 1 4x4
Week 2 3x3
Week 3 3x2

Wednesday (Light day)
Week 1/2/3
Front squat 3x5 rpe 9

Friday (Medium day)
Week 1/2/3
Tempo squat 5/0/1rpe 9
4x5

Add 5lbs every 3 weeks
Run 2 cycles of 3 weeks (maybe 3 if you started the prog with low weight and still feeling fresh)
Deload week take week 3 keep same weight but the sets on heavy light medium gets down to only 2

Thanks in advance

The process of growth is to accrue stress, then recover, then heal up stronger. Each phase needs its due in order for progression to continue.

It sounds as if your recovery and healing phases are inadequate. If you are already sleeping and eating well, add more deload / recovery time.

Listen to your body.

The process of growth is to accrue stress, then recover, then heal up stronger. Each phase needs its due in order for progression to continue.

It sounds as if your recovery and healing phases are inadequate. If you are already sleeping and eating well, add more deload / recovery time.

Listen to your body.
First thx for your reply I will see how I will feel after the deload and maybe running a deload more often could maybe help out

Thanks

I don’t recognise that as a particular program so it’s hard to get a frame of reference, it certainly looked like a lot of volume to me. And in your new program your so-called ‘light‘ and ‘medium’ days have multiple sets at RPE9??? That’s what I call my ‘heavy‘ days. Others here, who know more than I do, are fans of the light and medium days but I’ve always believed them to be a waste of time. Go heavy or go home, I say. (Take a day off instead!) You seem to enjoy your heavy lifts, 95% RM. That’s a good effort! So why not just focus on that. Go to the gym and in big jumps do some single reps up to ~95% then go home. It’s a Dan John thing. Go back to the gym next time and do the same. If you get bored, swap the single rep jumps for triples or doubles at lighter weight, but always end up with your single ~95%. If you lack recovery, add a rest day or even two. Good luck!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom