all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed NEWF Bag?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BJJ Shawn

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi Guys,

I went on the hunt for a rucksack that doubled as a sandbag, with the idea of it being a good option for taking on trips and still being able to get some good training in by using my day pack instead of trying to pack even more equipment. I found a few options, but most of them seemed cheaply made and gimmicky. Then I came across this one called the NEWF Bag, and while it still seems gimmicky, it appears to be very functional and even more multipurpose than I had thought of. Has anyone tried this? The ability to hold up to 100 pounds of sand is much nicer than most of the options, and they advertise it as being able to be drug and slammed which most other options say they shouldn't be slammed.

What do you guys think? A waste of money, or a good tool?

I was prepared to not like this, but it actually looks pretty cool.
(It appears to lack any real form of suspension and hip-belt, so it’s likely to be uncomfortable as all get-out rucking with a heavy load.)

I was prepared to not like this, but it actually looks pretty cool.
(It appears to lack any real form of suspension and hip-belt, so it’s likely to be uncomfortable as all get-out rucking with a heavy load.)
Yeah, that is my main concern since rucking is what I would do with it 90% of the time (although I doubt I would ever put 100 lbs in it, I usually ruck with about 35-50lbs which seems like plenty for me). I know this is just marketing gimmick, but this is what they have to say about it:

"The NEWF Bag evolved from the most innovative fitness products on the planet and was designed as a rucksack backpack first. Its generous capacity and roll top design allows for easy access to all of your gear. Capable of rucking up to 100 lbs. of sand. The shoulder strap padding, lumbar support, and 1000 Denier cordura body are the same features found on a military multi-day pack, so no matter how extreme the adventure or heavy you fill your ruck, the NEWF Bag will hold up every time."

Yeah, that is my main concern since rucking is what I would do with it 90% of the time (although I doubt I would ever put 100 lbs in it, I usually ruck with about 35-50lbs which seems like plenty for me). I know this is just marketing gimmick, but this is what they have to say about it:

"The NEWF Bag evolved from the most innovative fitness products on the planet and was designed as a rucksack backpack first. Its generous capacity and roll top design allows for easy access to all of your gear. Capable of rucking up to 100 lbs. of sand. The shoulder strap padding, lumbar support, and 1000 Denier cordura body are the same features found on a military multi-day pack, so no matter how extreme the adventure or heavy you fill your ruck, the NEWF Bag will hold up every time."
I don’t take much stock in military gear... (granted when I was in the army we had canvas packs and fired muzzle loaders...)
But... I have schlepped a ton of climbing gear in a variety of packs over very rugged terrain over the years. Give me a good backpacking / heavy duty (read comfortable) climbing pack any day of the week...

You can always go see a cobbler or seamstress to have some adjustable straps/clips sown onto the shoulder straps and a hip belt. I had my wife do it on one of my backpacks that I use to carry gear/lunches when we go on hikes with the family.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom