all posts post new thread

Nutrition omnivore again

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

elli

Level 10 Valued Member
Hi,
just wanted to say that after 23 years of being a veggie (with short vegan phases), I started eating meat again. Had chicken breast on two days this week, after starting with bone broth the week before.
I had to do this big change, take the psychological challenge in hope for better health. I hope it will work.

Welcome back. I was a veggie for about 15 years, roughly age 30 to 45. I stopped when I got pneumonia, lost 10 lbs. in 10 days, and just couldn't get weight back on me on my veggie diet.

Your idea of starting with broth is smart.

-S-

What made you switch?
I had a b12 deficiency and got baaaad zits from the supplement ( I guess, because quitting the intake, clear skin returns), having nausea, cycle problems, feeling sluggish and anemic, reduced soy and eggs because of allergic potential, what to eat for protein? I just do not want to eat only lupine and hemp and legumes. I always ate fish every once in a while, but it isn't my favorite.
I had a longing fot meat for over six months and finally gave in, my body told me to. And I took all my courage and chewed the chicken.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom